- What are cookies and what do we use them for?
A cookie or computer cookie is a small file of information that is saved in your browser every time you visit our website.
The usefulness of cookies is to keep the history of your activity on our website, so that when you visit it again, it can identify and configure its content based on your browsing habits, identity and preferences.
A cookie is harmless, does not contain malicious or malicious code (eg viruses, Trojans, worms, etc.) that may damage your terminal (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), but it does have some impact on your right to protection of your data, as it collects certain information concerning your person (browsing habits, identity, preferences, etc.).
- What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually collect special categories of personal data (sensitive data). The data they save is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
- What kind of cookies exist?
In general, there are five types of cookies:
- Technical cookies:
They are the most basic cookies. They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies:
They are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional settings from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies:
They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies:
They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the person in charge has included in a web page, application or platform from which he provides the requested service based on criteria such as content edited or the frequency at which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies:
They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the person in charge has included in a web page, application or platform from which he provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows developing a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- What are own and third-party cookies?
- Own cookies:
Own cookies are those that are generated and managed by the person responsible for providing the service requested by the user.
- Third party cookies:
They are those that are generated by entities other than the person responsible (services or external providers, such as Google).
• What type of cookies does our website save?
Next, we proceed to relate the type of cookies stored on our website and their purpose:
- Analytical cookies They are used to collect user activity statistics. Among others, the number of users visiting the website, the number of pages visited as well as the activity of the users on the website and their frequency of use are analyzed. The information collected is always anonymous so that a link between it and the natural person to whom it refers cannot be established.
- Authentication cookies They are used for the maintenance of the user's session during each visit, being dominant in private environments of the website that require a username and password for access.
- Cookies used by social networks. They allow the user to share with their contacts on a social network the contents that are of interest by marking the corresponding button (plug-in) inserted in the website. The plug-in stores and access the cookies of the user's terminal and allow the social network to identify its users when they interact with the plug-in.
- Cookies used by external content supplements. They are necessary for the provision of some type of service and are stored by third parties. Within this category of cookies are, for example, media player cookies, which are used to store technical data with a view to playing video or audio content, such as image quality, loading parameters, etc.
- Third-party cookies for the customization of advertising spaces. They allow managing the advertising space that users view when accessing the website and are stored by third parties.
- What can I do with cookies?
Cookies can be deleted, accepted or blocked, as desired, for this you should only conveniently configure the web browser.
At any time, you can prevent the installation of cookies (blocking) on your computer through the corresponding option of your browser, but in that case we will not be able to ensure the proper functioning of the different functionalities of our website.
Below, we provide the links for the management and blocking of cookies depending on the browser you use:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- FireFox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/es/cookies/
You can also delete the cookies you have saved in your browser by going to its configuration options.